Vegan Lemon Cheesecake with Candied Lemon Peel
Un-Brie-Lievable™, Salted Original Butter
When life gives you lemons, add a little zest to your life by whipping up a vegan cheesecake with our Un-Brie-Lievable™ Cheese and our Unsalted Butter.
1 Nuts For Cheese™ Un-Brie-Lievable™ Wedge
- 1 cup Cashews, Raw, Soaked
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Icing Sugar
- 5 ½ cups Graham Cracker Crumb (Gluten-Free Optional)
⅓ cup Melted Unsalted Nuts For Butter™
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 2 Lemons, Sliced Thin Into Rounds
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Start by making the candied lemons. Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan then reduce the heat to medium. Add in the lemon slices and cook for about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway. When cooked through, take out and place on a baking sheet to dry.
- For the cheesecake, make the crust by adding the graham crackers to a food processor, or a plastic bag and mix until you get crumbs. Add them to a bowl and add the melted butter and sugar and mix until thoroughly combined. Add to a round baking dish and press down using your spatula, spoon or measuring cups. Set aside.
- To make the filling, add everything to a blender. Pour the filling into the crust and freeze for 2-3 hours. Once frozen, top with candied lemons.