Vegan & Grain-free Sweet Potato Cinnamon Waffles With Brie Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat from can)
- 1 tbsp ground flax, mixed with 3 Tbsp water (1 flax egg)
- 2 tbsp +1/3 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 wedge of Un-Brie-Lievable
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (add more to taste if necessary)
- Optional: fresh berries, jam, banana, extra maple syrup
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Assemble the waffle batter by making a flax egg and set aside for a couple minutes (mix 1 Tbsp ground flax with 3 Tbsp water). Also, remove Brie block from fridge to soften.
- Then add the sweet potato and coconut milk to a blender and blend until liquid (this is important or else waffles will be chunky and wont cook properly). Add the flax egg and oil and further blend.
- Add all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix. Make a well in the center, add the sweet potato mixture and mix everything thoroughly to form a batter.
- Oil your hot waffle iron and fill it with a thick batch of the waffle mixture (it might flow out of the edges, don’t worry, just scrape it away).
- Cook for at least 3 minutes, until light comes on. They should be easy to remove.
- While your waffles are cooking take the Brie Block and mix it with the maple syrup until you have a think sauce like consistency. You can drizzle this on top of the waffles, or you can place back in the fridge for a thicker frosting.