Vegan "Eggs" Benedict
Salted Original Butter, Smoky Gouda
- ½ Tofu Block, Cut in Half Length-Wise and then into 4 Squares (Rinsed & Wrapped in a Cloth/Water Pressed Out)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin
- Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Milk of Choice
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup Flour (Gluten-Free, Chickpea or Regular)
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
1 Triangle Nuts For Cheese™ Smoky Gouda
- ½ cup Milk of Choice
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
½ stick Nuts For Butter™ Salted Original
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Tumeric
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 dash Hot Sauce
- 2 English Muffins
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves, Steamed
- 4 Slices "Ham"
- 4 Slices of Tomatoes
- Preheat a large skillet over medium and crisp up the ham slices by cooking them on each side for about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your tofu eggs by mixing together the nutritional yeast, seasoning and flour in a bowl and the milk in another bowl. Take a tofu square and dip it in the milk and then add it to the flour mixture until it’s coated evenly on both sides. Repeat for all 4 tofu slices.
- Add the oil to the skillet and cook the tofu until golden on each side, about 5 minutes each side. Remove from heat.
- Next, make the hollandaise by heating a saucepan over low to medium. Add in the butter and melt (don’t let it brown). Next add the milk, lemon, mustard, vinegar, turmeric, garlic and salt and whisk until combined. Next, add the cheese and let it melt, whisking generously. Add 1-2 Tbsp more of milk if needed.
- While that is cooking, toast the English muffins.
- Prepare your benedict by adding a slice of tomato, steamed spinach, ham round, tofu egg and then top with hollandaise. Serve with green onion.