Vegan Butter Sugar Cookies
Salted Original Butter
- 2 cups Flour
¾ cup Nuts For Cheese™ Salted Original Butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coconut or Almond Milk
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder (or Cornstarch)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 tbsp Coconut or Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Garnish with Sprinkles
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment add the butter and sugar and beat on high for 2-3 minutes, until fluffy. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the sides. Once that’s ready, add the arrowroot powder, vanilla and milk and beat for 1 more minute on high until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add in 1/2 cup of flour at a time and mix on low only until combined. Repeat until all the flour is mixed. Remove from the mixter and begin to work the dough on your table. With your hands, test to see the consistency of the dough, it should hold together nicely, without being too wet or too dry. If it feels too wet, add in 1 more Tbsp of flour at a time until you get the right consistency.
- Sprinkle some flour on your table and remove the dough from the bowl. Roll out into 2 ¼ inch thick dough sheets and put on baking sheets, lined with parchment and topped with parchment. Store in your fridge for a couple hours to overnight.
- When dough is chilled, remove from the fridge and let it sit for a few minutes while you warm your oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and once the dough has sat outside of the fridge for a few minutes begin to cut your cookies with your cookie cutters.
- Once you have all the cookies you can get from the dough, bake them for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Set aside and let cool.
- While cookies are baking, make icing by adding almond milk to icing sugar with almond extract. Add some food colouring if you would like colour with the cookies. Using a piping bag, design cookies according to preference and sprinkle with sprinkles.