Vegan Brown Butter and Sea Salt Rice Crispy Squares
Salted Original Butter
¾ cup softened Nuts For Butter™ Salted Original Butter
- 2 oz bags of Dandies, vegan marshmallows
- 5 cups crispy rice or rice crispies (we used Nature Valley Brown Rice)
- Brown butter in a large pot over medium heat. To do this add your butter when the pan is warm (not hot) and whisk it until it gets brown. Be very careful to not overcook and burn the butter.
- Once you have brown butter, turn down the temperature to low and add in your marshmallows.
- Stir until your marshmallows get soft. It won’t be like regular marshmallows, you will have to cook the marshmallows continually stirring for about 7-10 minutes. Once the marshmallows have cooked into the butter add the rice crispy cereal 1 cup at a time.
- Fold in the rice until combined and slowly add the cups until you get to 4 or 5 cups. Depending on the texture, you may only want 4 cups - they will be chewy. 5 cups will result in nice crispy rice crispy squares. If you use the small marshmallows you may need more rice cereal. Add in accordingly, be careful to not add in too much.