Stuffed Vegan Eggnog, Brie & Strawberry French Toast
Salted Original Butter, Un-Brie-Lievable™
- 4 Slices of sourdough, toasted or left out overnight to stale
1 Nuts For Cheese™ Brie Triangle
- 4 cups Strawberries, reserve some for garnish
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Vegan eggnog, we use Silk or SoDelicious
- ½ tbsp Arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1.50 tbsp Ground Flax or Chia
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
1 tbsp Nuts For Cheese™, Salted Butter
- Garnish with icing sugar, maple syrup, strawberry compote and fresh strawberries
- First, make the strawberry compote by adding the strawberries and maple syrup to a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. You’ll want them to cook down and reduce, stirring frequently, until you get a jam-like consistency. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- While the compote is cooking, prepare your french toast dip and heat a skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add the eggnog, ground flax, cinnamon and vanilla to a large bowl and whisk together. Then take the arrowroot and add 1 Tablespoon of water and whisk together. Add the arrowroot mix to the eggnog mix and whisk together until everything is combined.
- For the stuffed french toast, you’re going to want to assemble it as if you would a grilled cheese.
- Slice the Brie in about 6-8 thin triangles. Take 2 slices of bread and in the middle add half of the brie (about 3-4 triangles) in a layer on the bread. Then add about 1 Tbsp dollop of strawberry compote, followed by some fresh sliced strawberries.
If your pan is warm-hot (but not extremely hot), you’re ready to cook the french toast, add about ½ Tbsp Nuts for Cheese™ Salted Butter to the pan, covering the skillet.
- Dip the assembled french toast gently into the eggnog mix. It’s important that you do not let it soak! Just a gentle and quick dip covering each side.
- Add to your pan and cook on medium for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown, on each side.
- Repeat for the second french toast.
- Garnish with more compote, fresh butter, cinnamon or icing sugar, maple syrup.