Figgy Vegan Pizza
Gettin’ figgy with it (...za za za za zaza!) White pizza with melted Un-Brie-Lievable™ sauce, figs, roasted, garlic, crushed chestnuts, sage, and caramelized onions.
- 1 garlic bulb, roasted
- 2 tbsp canola oil + tsp
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 figs, sliced
- sage, picked
- pizza dough or flatbread of choice
- garnish: arugula and balsamic glaze
1 wedge of Nuts For Cheese™ Un-Brie-Lievable™
- 2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the top off of a head of garlic and drizzle with 1 tsp oil, wrap in foil and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- In a medium sized pan, heat 2 tbsp oil, add sweet onion and brown sugar, and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently until browned, for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry pan, over medium heat, stirring frequently (5 minutes).
- Combine pizza sauce ingredients and mix until smooth.
Spread Nuts For Cheese's Un-Brie-lievable™ mixture on pizza, dress with cloves of roasted garlic, carmelized onions, pine nuts and sliced figs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes and garnish with arugula and balsamic glaze.