Shredded Brussel Sprout Gnocchi with Smoked Tofu
Artichoke & Herb
- 500 g pack of gnocchi, gluten-free optional
- 1 Artichoke & Herb wedge
- 0.25 onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 packed cups shaved brussel sprouts (approx 20 sprouts)
- 1 block of smoked tofu, cut into 1" by 1" pieces
- 0.25 cup dairy-free milk
- Salt to season
- Garnish: green onion, red pepper flakes, vegan parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package (boil for apx. 2 minutes, until gnocchi floats – but don’t over cook), drain, rinse with cold water, drizzle ½ Tbsp olive oil on the gnocchi so they don’t stick, toss them and set aside.
- Meanwhile prep your onion, garlic and Brussel sprouts.
- For the Brussel sprouts you can either use a mandolin, or cut in thin slices. The Brussel sprouts should fall apart into julienned/ shaved pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the rest of your olive oil and warm up for 15 seconds.
- Once the oil is warm, add the onion, garlic, season with salt and cook until translucent (about 2 minutes).
- Next, add your shaved Brussel sprouts. Cook them down, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. About half-way through cooking, add your smoked tofu.
- Once the sprouts have softened add in your gnocchi.
- Turn the skillet heat up to medium-high and fry the gnocchi for about 1-2 minutes.
Add in your Nuts for Cheese™ block along with the milk and cook until desired consistency. If it’s not creamy enough, add another ¼ cup of milk and cook down.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with green onion, parsley, red pepper flakes, vegan parmesan cheese