Panko Crusted Fried Vegan Cheese Sticks
2 wedges Nuts For Cheese™ Smoky Gouda, frozen
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups panko
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- ½ cup marinara
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Remove the cheese from your freezer and let sit for a few minutes. You’ll want the cheese hard but not too hard that it cracks when you cut it in slices.
- Place the flour in a bowl, the milk in a separate bowl and in a third bowl mix the panko, chili, garlic, smoked paprika, oregano, salt and pepper and mix to combined.
- Cut the cheese in slices that resemble thick cut sticks of cheese.
- Take each cheese stick, one at a time, and place in the flour, followed by soaking it in the milk and then rolling it in the panko until fully coated. Set aside. Repeat for all of the sticks.
- Meanwhile heat a deep skillet over medium until hot.
- Add oil.
- One at a time add the panko crusted cheese to the hot oil. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked all the way.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate that’s lined with paper towel (to absorb the oil). Serve with marinara.