Mediterranean Panzanella Salad with Butter-fried Croutons
Black Garlic, Salted Original Butter
Here’s the thing about Panzanella: it’s like Bruschetta at its best, but in a bowl! Each bite includes crunchy Nuts For Butter-fried croutons, creamy, umami-rich Black Garlic Nuts For Cheese™, juicy tomato and tangy olives. Perfect as a side or a main, this Mediterranean spin on an Italian classic is guaranteed to satisfy, for very little effort.
- 4 cups Chopped Cucumber
- 2 cups Chopped Tomatoes
- ½ cup Spanish Olives
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ⅔ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, Minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 tbsp Minced Oregano
- 1 tsp Fresh Minced Thyme
- 3 cups Ripped Sourdough Bread
1 tbsp Nuts For Cheese™ Salted Butter
Fresh Grated Black Garlic Nuts For Cheese™, From Frozen
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Prep your salad ingredients and add them to a large bowl.
- Make the salad dressing by adding everything together and whisking it, or adding it to a blender and blending until the oil is thick.
- Add the dressing to the cucumber and tomato salad and let sit.
- Meanwhile add butter to the warm skillet with the ripped bread and fry for 5 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- When ready to serve, shave frozen Black Garlic on the salad and top with croutons. Garnish with fresh basil or red pepper flakes.