Garlic Butter-fried Mushroom & Beluga Lentil Salad
Black Garlic, Salted Original Butter
- 400 g Oyster or Wild Mushrooms
125 g Salted Nuts For Butter™
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Beluga Lentils
- 3.50 cups Water
- 2 cups Fenugreek or Watercress
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1 Apple, Sliced or Diced
- ½ cup Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
2 tbsp Crumbled Black Garlic Nuts For Cheese™
- ¼ cup Balsamic Dressing
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
Maple Balsamic Cinnamon Vinigrette
- Cook the beluga lentils by bringing 3.5 cups of water to a boil, add the lentils and boil for 15-20 minutes, uncovered. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium.
- Add the butter and let it cook down, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook for about 10 minutes, until golden on the outside. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble the salad by adding the fenugreek, arugula, tomatoes into a bowl.
- Make the salad dressing by adding everything to a bowl and whisk together, or add it to a glass jar and shake until thoroughly combined.
- Add about 1 cup of cooked lentils to the salad and the desired amount of salad dressing. Toss to combine everything. Once assembled add the mushrooms and crumbled cheese to the top. Serve with balsamic glaze.