Fully Loaded Vegan Queso
2 Chipotle Cheddar Nuts for Cheese™ wedges
- ½ pack veggie grounds (170 grams)
- ¼ cup red peppers, diced (apx. ½ large red pepper)
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder + 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Serve with: nacho chips
- Garnish: avocado, lime, vegan sour cream, cilantro, green pepper, jalapenos
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, add oil.
- Then add the green onion, tomato and pepper and cook down until soft.
- Add the beef grounds and break it up with a spoon.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook until everything is thoroughly cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat another large skillet and add the Chipotle Cheddar and almond milk. Cook down until liquid and mixed thoroughly.
- Mix the arrowroot with the water and stir to combine. Add to the cheese and cook for another 3 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve with the chili on the cheese or mix the chili into the cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro, jalapenos, vegan sour cream, avocado and lime.