Double Layer Chocolate Orange Cake with a Brie Ganache
- 4 flax eggs (4 tbsp ground flaxseed and 10 tbsp water)
- 20 medjool dates, chopped
2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1.50 cups cocoa powder
- 4 cups almond flour (ground almonds)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 wedges of Nuts For Cheese's Un-Brie-Lievable, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Double Layer Chocolate Orange Cake
Chocolate Brie Ganache
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease two 8 inch cake pans with coconut oil, set aside. Cut out two circles of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pans and place on greased bottoms
- In a small ramekin, combine ground flaxseed and water, stir and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small pot, combine ½ cup (125 mL) freshly squeezed orange juice with zest and dates. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add flax eggs, date and orange mixture along with apple cider vinegar, canola oil, maple syrup and applesauce. Mix until combined.
- Fold in cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour into prepared baking pans and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Using a rubber spatula, combine all ganache ingredients until smooth and fluffy and spread on cake, garnish with orange zest.