Dairy-Free Spinach Dip in Pumpernickle Bread Bowl
Artichoke & Herb
2 Nuts for Cheese™ Artichoke & Herb
- 1 cup Frozen spinach, packed, thawed
- 398 ml Can chopped artichoke
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 Loaf of pumpernickle
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Garnish with chives, grated vegan cheese shreds or frozen & shredded Nuts for Cheese™ Smoky Gouda
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Take the loaf of bread and cut the top off. Then cut a circle in the center of the bread to create a bowl. Cut up the top of the loaf and the center of the bread into chunks and set aside.
- Drain the thawed spinach and use paper towel or a kitchen towel to squeeze out as much of the excess water as you can.
- Add the cheese, spinach, chopped artichoke, garlic powder, onion powder to a large mixing bowl and mix everything together until thoroughly combined. Scoop the mixture into your bread bowl and sprinkle with extra cheese.
- Toss the chunks of bread in garlic oil (add some Italian seasoning if you like).Place bread bowl and chunks of bread on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes - making sure you are checking around the 10 minute mark, you won't want the bread to turn to croutons, just to bake and get nice and warm. You can remove the chunks of bread before the spinach dip is done if you feel as if they are cooking too much.
- Let cool, serve on a platter.