Chorizo & Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Approximately 30 white or cremini mushrooms
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack of vegan sausage of choice (we used chorizo) approx 340g. pack
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
2 wedges Nuts For Cheese™ Super Blue
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained in a towl
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep the mushrooms by removing the stem, ensuring there is no mushroom left in the cap.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add the onions, shallots and garlic to the pan once it’s hot.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chorizo (or sausage of choice) and cook for 5 – 7 minutes, until warm.
- Once heated, remove from pan and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the blue cheese, breadcrumbs and spinach to the mixture and mix thoroughly, until everything is combined.
- Prep a baking tray with parchment paper and add the mushroom caps to the baking sheet, cap side down.
- Scoop about ½ Tbsp to 1 Tbsp of the cheese mixture to the mushroom cap and continue until all of the mushrooms are filled. Sprinkle the top with some breadcrumbs.
- Add to oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft.
- Remove from oven and serve garnished with chopped green onions.