Whole Roasted Garlic & Beer Fondue
- 1 wedge Smoky Gouda
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 0.25 cup almond or cashew milk
- 0.50 cup lager
- 0.50 tbsp arrowroot powder (or corn starch)
- 0.50 tsp Dijon mustard
- 0.25 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 baguettes or ciabatta buns, long
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- First, roast your garlic bulbs:Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Peel the outer layer of the bulb back and slice about ¼” of the top of the bulb, exposing the inside of the garlic. Wrap each bulb in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet in your oven for 45 minutes (or until golden brown).
Once cooked, place your Nuts For Cheese™, almond milk, the cloves from 1 of the bulbs (remove using a spoon), lager, arrowroot, Dijon and sea salt in a high powered blender and blend until creamy and smooth. *Note, this makes about 4 servings, if you are feeding a larger group, double the recipe.
- Once blended, light your fondue set and add your cheese sauce to warm it up. This takes a while to heat, so make sure you have time. While heating you can cut up the bread and fruit.
- Once ready, dip your bread and fruit into the cheese sauce and serve. You can also dip crostini into the sauce and top with the additional roasted garlic and a piece of fruit.