Pesto & Smoky Gouda Pull Apart Bread
- 1 medium crusty sourdough loaf
- 1 wedge of Smoky Gouda
- 2 cups loosely packed frozen greens (spinach, kale, whatever works best for you)
- 8 basil leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make the pesto by adding all of the ingredients into a blender and blending until everything is incorporated.
- Take the loaf and cut on a diagonal in 2 directions so that you get small diamond shapes. Space about 2 inches between the cuts and make sure you cut as far as you can without cutting all the way through.
- Take 1-2 tsp of pesto and lather it in between all of the slices on the bread. You can use as much pesto or as little as you want, but the more pesto the more flavour in the bread.
- Once finished, cut the wedge of Smoky Gouda into thin ¼ “ lengthwise pieces. You will need enough pieces to fill the slits.
- Open up the slits of the bread and add the cheese throughout. Try to evenly place them and add them to all of the slits.
- Foil wrap the loaf of bread and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-7 minutes until the top of the bread is crunchy and the cheese is soft.
- You should be able to easily pull the bread apart and the cheese should be soft and easy to spread.
- Serve with extra pesto and cheese or sprinkle some vegan parmesan on it (check out the Carbonara recipe).