Dairy-Free Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1 triangle of Nuts For Cheese™ Black Garlic
- 500 g cremini mushrooms, or mushrooms of choice (diced)
- 100 g oyster mushrooms, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 0.50 cup dry wild rice
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper to season
- Garnish: sourdough croutons, pan fried mushrooms, roasted garlic or green onions
- Cook your rice according to package instructions. You can also do this the night before if you wish to save time.
- While rice is cooking, heat a deep saucepan over medium heat and prep your mushrooms, garlic and onion.
- Once warm, add the oil to the pan and let it heat up for 15 seconds.
- Next, add the onions, garlic, a dash of salt and cook until translucent (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add the mushrooms and herbes de Provence to the cooked onions and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
- Once mushrooms are cooked add the vegetable broth to the saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Add the wild rice to the soup and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add the Nuts for Cheese to the soup and let it cook until all of the cheese has melted.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until everything is nicely combined. Season accordingly.
- For a creamy texture, add half (or all) of the soup to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Serve with sourdough croutons and green onions.