Chipotle "Cheddar" Sweet Potato Nachos with Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 bag sweet potato chips (option for homemade chips below)
- ½ cup guacamole
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapenos (optional if you're not into spice, or add 2 if you like some kick)
1 wedge Nuts For Cheese™ Chipotle Cheddar
- 1 tbsp water (add 1 more if necessary)
- 1 cup black beans (1 small can, drained )
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup corn (frozen, canned or fresh)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 small/medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin with mandolin
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Baked Sweet Potato Chips (or grab a bag of chips for a quicker option)
If baking your own sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes with a mandolin. Lay sweet potatoes flat on a parchment lined baking tray and drizzle oil, salt and pepper over top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chips brown.
To assemble nachos
- Make the cheddar sauce by adding the chipotle cheese block and 1-2 Tbsp of water to a bowl and whisk until smooth (you can also use a high-powered blender).
- If the sauce is too dry, add 1-2 more Tbsp of water until desired consistency (you’ll want a thicker sauce, not too runny).
- Make the black bean and corn salsa by adding all ingredients to a bowl and mixing together.
- Take half the sweet potato chips and layer on a plate. Drizzle half of the cheese over top of the nachos.
- Layer the remaining sweet potatoes, and then drizzle the rest of the cheese over top. Use about ¼ cup of salsa at a time and sprinkle over nachos. Top nachos with guacamole and chopped cilantro and jalapenos.