Cheesy Bean Quesadilla
1 wedge Chipotle Cheddar
¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeno brine
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk green onion, sliced
- 1 cup romano beans (or your favourite bean)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tortillas
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add Chipotle Cheddar wedge, non-dairy milk, and pickled jalapeno brine. Continually whisk until smooth and creamy. Whisk in chopped jalapenos and cilantro. Remove from the heat and quickly whisk in the cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet warm a little oil over medium heat. Once warm, add onions and cook for 2 minutes until softened. Mix in the bell pepper, green onions, beans, chili powder, and cumin. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine cheese sauce and cooked veggie bean mixture, set aside.
- Clean out the medium skillet and place back on the heat over medium-low. Add a little oil and place the tortilla on the warmed skillet. Spoon on half of the cheesy mixture and cook. Once it starts to get a little golden, fold over the side of the tortilla without the filling onto the other half to make the quesadilla. Continue until the bottom side is a deep golden brown. Flip then cook the other side until a deep golden brown.
- Repeat for second tortilla.
- Serve with a side of salsa and/or vegan sour cream.