Carrot Lox Bagel with Smoky Artichoke & Herb Cream Cheese
Artichoke & Herb
1 wedge of Nuts For Cheese™ Artichoke & Herb
- 2 medium-large carrots
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 crushed garlic clove)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup water
- 1.50 tbsp tamari
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2 bagels of choice
- 2 tbsp capers
- ¼ red onion
- Garnish: fresh dill, 1/2 lemon cut into wedges
- Prep the carrot lox by shaving the carrot. We used a vegetable peeler and made surethat we peeled one side only to create larger shreds.
- Steam the carrots for approximately 3 minutes, until soft but not too soft they turn to mush.
- In a small mixing bowl add the liquid smoke, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, water, tamari and maple syrup and whisk until everything is combined.
- Place the carrots in the smoky mixture and let it sit for 30 minutes to overnight.
Once the lox is ready assemble your bagel by cutting it in half and toasting it, then add ¼ of the Smoky Artichoke Nuts for Cheese™ triangle, top with carrot lox, red onion, fresh dill, caper and a squeeze of lemon.
- Repeat for the rest of the bagel slices.